In view of its continuous growth, the Accounting Department at IÉSEG School of Management invites applications for a full-time or part-time Permanent Position in Management Accounting as Lecturer/Professor of Practice (Lille or Paris Campus).
ABOUT IÉSEG SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
· IÉSEG holds the “triple crown” of international accreditations (AACSB, AMBA & EQUIS) and is a member of the “Conférence des Grandes Écoles”. The School offers Bachelor, Master and Post-Graduate Degrees as well as Executive Education programs.
· IÉSEG is one of the leading French business schools in terms of research. The IÉSEG Research Center is accredited by the French CNRS (National Center for Scientific Research). The school actively promotes research, provides resources for active scholars and offers financial bonuses for high quality international peer-reviewed research publications.
· IÉSEG strives to have an innovative and cross-disciplinary approach to pedagogy, helping students to develop their hard and soft skills to become responsible leaders. It has a Center for Educational and Technological Innovation (CETI).
· IÉSEG offers a dynamic and international work environment with over 40 different nationalities represented. Crucial to the school are its core values: Accomplishment, Responsibility, Integrity, Solidarity and Engagement. The school’s ambition is to empower changemakers for a better society. The school offers employees a competitive salary, a relocation allowance and housing search assistance, French social security benefits, complementary health insurance, meal vouchers, a profit-sharing plan, and a contributory pension scheme. Our satisfaction survey among new hires shows that 100% of the respondents were (very) satisfied with the organization of their arrival on campus.
· IESEG has 2 campuses: Lille Campus is in the heart of the Northern French city of Lille (within the triangle made up by London, Paris and Brussels). Paris Campus is located in the biggest European business district of “La Défense”. Both premises have an excellent classroom infrastructure as well as an energizing research environment.
More information about IÉSEG School of Management is available online at: http://www.ieseg.fr/en/
ABOUT THE ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT
The department consists of 25 staff members in the areas of Financial Accounting, Taxation and Management Control. The School provides ample resources to support a variety of research interests and teaching innovation activities. IÉSEG promotes cross-disciplinary research and maintains an excellent network with overseas institutions for collaborative work.
The Accounting Department is involved in several programs, with many of them including managerial accounting related topics, for instance the Apprenticeship in Accounting and Corporate Finance, the MSc in International Accounting, Auditing and Control and the Executive Master in Financial Management.
ABOUT THE POSITION
From applicants, we expect evidence of strong teaching skills and relevant professional experience. We are looking for candidates with professional and teaching experiences that are related to: management accounting, costing and budgeting, performance management, internal control, etc. In line with the School’s focus on sustainability, prior teaching or related experience with sustainability and leadership are greatly valued.
Having a Phd. in the field is a plus but not a requirement. Good networks in both academia and professional circles at regional and international levels will be a plus. The candidate would be experienced in teaching to different audiences, ideally including executive profiles.
Our selected applicant will be asked to teach courses at the undergraduate, graduate and/or postgraduate level and to contribute to the design and development of the School’s programs. The post ideally is combined with designated service missions on Major (Msc) or Apprenticeship program coordination. Applicants should embody the values of the school and be team players.
The salary is competitive. Housing search assistance is provided by IÉSEG. Employees also benefit from French social security benefits, complementary health insurance and a contributory pension scheme.
When applying, you will be asked to upload in one single pdf or word the following documents: (1) Cover letter; (2) Updated CV (include the date and institution for your highest degree); (3) List of referees with names, affiliations and e-mail addresses; (4) Teaching statement (how do you approach this activity, what is your pedagogical strategy); (5) Recent Teaching evaluations.
For any further questions, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org