IÉSEG School of Management and Lille Economics and Management (LEM, CNRS) invite applications for a 2-year, fully funded Postdoctoral position in Economics with the emphasis on economic preferences (risk/ambiguity, time, social), subjective beliefs/expectations, and real-world decision making at its Lille campus starting in September 2022 the earliest.
The postdoctoral researcher will join the IÉSEG research center on risk and uncertainty (iRisk: https://irisk.ieseg.fr) to work on a research project funded by the Métropole européenne de Lille (MEL). The project aims to advance on the methodology to elicit economic primitives (preferences, beliefs, constraints, rationality), and apply these methods to real-world decision making (in particular, entrepreneurial decisions, and actions mitigating pollution/climate change). The methodological part of the project adopts techniques from computer science to improve the design and efficiency of preference and belief measurement procedures. The applied part of the project has the objective to demonstrate that these methods are useful for a better understanding of economically relevant decisions people make in their lives. The project involves a combination of theoretical and empirical research (mainly economic experiments). We collaborate with an international network of researchers and specialists.
- Have a Ph.D. in economics (or be close to complete it). The candidate is expected to possess strong analytical skills and have a commitment to research excellence.
- Applicants should be completely fluent in English. Prior knowledge of French is an advantage (but not a necessity).
- The candidate should either bring experience with the statistical software R and *nix (Linux, BSD, Darwin, or similar) system environments, or be willing to adopt such skills. Programming skills are a plus.
- Experience in conducting theoretical and/or applied research using both analytical and numerical methods in one or more of the following areas is requested:
A )Behavioural/experimental economics (preferably specialized in decision making under uncertainty, intertemporal or social choice
B) Decision theory (with strong interest in elicitation of economic primitives and their applications)
C) Applied economics, finance, or entrepreneurship
The selected applicant is expected to begin his/her assignment in September 2022 the earliest. Gross salary will be competitive with other European research and academic institutions. The researcher will be based in Lille (on the site of IÉSEG School of Management).
The candidate will be working directly with Prof. Thomas Epper and his group, and the iRisk team in Lille and Paris.
By submitting their application package, with the following documents merged into a single PDF file:
- Cover letter (no more than 1 page)
- Curriculum vitæ
- Job market paper
- The names, affiliations, and email addresses of two referees (and possibly letters of recommendation)
Applicants should also identify the area/s they are applying for (from A to C).
For any further question, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Closing date for the receipt of applications: May 31, 2022.
- Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Reviews will continue until the position is filled.
ABOUT iRisk Research Center
- The IÉSEG Research Center on Risk and Uncertainty (iRisk) was launched in January 2020 to support further research acitivites in the field of decision-making under risk and uncertainty.
- The mission of research developed at iRisk is to better understand and improve decision about environment, health, wealth, and other risks.
- For more information on iRisk consult https://irisk.ieseg.fr
- IÉSEG is proud to be triple crowned AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA and an active member of the French `Conférence des Grandes Écoles’.
- IÉSEG is one of the leading French business schools in terms of research. The IÉSEG Research Center is accredited by the French CNRS (National Center for Scientific Research).
- IÉSEG actively promotes research, provides resources for active scholars and rewards high quality international peer-reviewed research publications.
- The IÉSEG faculty is highly qualified and diverse with over 40 different nationalities represented.
- IÉSEG offers Bachelor, Master and Post-Graduate Degrees as well as Executive Education programs.
ABOUT IÉSEG SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
Our Lille Campus is a the heart of the Northern French city of Lille (with the triangle made up by London, Paris and Brussels), and our Paris Campus is centrally located in the biggest European business district of “La Défense”. Both premises provide state of the art technology in the classrooms and offer an excellent research environment. To find out more about IÉSEG visit https://www.ieseg.fr/en/
ABOUT LILLE ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT (LEM)
LEM is a research unit associating the CNRS (National Center for Scientific Research), the University of Lille and the Catholic University of Lille
LEM comprises about 180 researchers and 80 doctoral students in economics, management and statistics.
Research at LEM is multi-disciplinary in economics and management and is centered on societal issues.
LEM is a young, internationally oriented and dynamic laboratory with a strong scientific ambition.