IÉSEG School of Management - Lille Economics and Management (LEM, CNRS) invites applications for a temporary, fully funded Postdoctoral position in Marketing on its Lille campus starting in January 2023, or September 2023.
The postdoctoral researcher will join a dedicated research team to conduct high-quality research. This person is expected to collaborate with the team to advance research in the fields of consumer psychology. To this end, the postdoctoral researcher will collaborate with Professors Elke CABOOTER and Nico HEUVINCK, and others at IÉSEG School of Management. He/she will receive regular mentorship and be expected to disseminate their research by submitting academic manuscripts to top marketing/management/psychology journals.
The proposed Post-doc project may focus on the relationship between different scarcity cues and consumers’ perceived ethicality of the brands applying these cues. A project where the research team is already working on. Nevertheless, the research may also focus on other interesting topics including, but not limited to, the following:
- A Ph.D. in Marketing, Pyschology, or a related discipline.
- A solid research background in Marketing & Consumer Psychology.
- A proven research track record.
- Have a good knowledge of statistical methods (e.g. multivariate analysis based on experimental research) and software packages (e.g. SPSS, SAS, R).
The selected applicant is expected to begin his/her assignment in January 2023, or September 2023. The appointment is for 18 months. Gross salary will be competitive with other European research and academic institutions. The researcher will be based in Lille (on the campus of IÉSEG School of Management).
The selected candidate will also be involved with some teaching activities in the Marketing and Sales Department, though to a limited extent.
The candidate is expected to conduct research and write papers on research projects with the other team members: Professor Elke CABOOTER & Professor Nico HEUVINCK. Their work focusses on a variety of consumer psychology related phenomena such as response styles, goals & motivation, food heuristics, sensory marketing, store atmospherics and brand ethics. They have published their research in international journals such as the Journal of Consumer Research, Journal of Consumer Psychology, International Journal of Research in Marketing & Journal of Business Ethics among others. In addition, the candidate will have the opportunity to exchange with an international network of scholars specialized in the Marketing domain.
When applying you will be asked to upload the application package consisting of the following documents merged into one single pdf:
- Cover letter (including a statement that describes the candidate’s qualifications and motivation to work in our group).
- Two representative papers
- Names, affiliations, and e-mail addresses of referees
Two recommendation letters should be sent separately by the referees to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any further question, please contact Prof. Elke CABOOTER and Prof. Nico HEUVINCK via email@example.com
The closing date for applications is November 15th, 2022. Applications will be considered and processed upon reception.
ABOUT LILLE ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT (LEM)
- LEM is a research unit associating the CNRS (National Center for Scientific Research), the University of Lille and IÉSEG School of Management.
- LEM comprises about 200 researchers and 50 doctoral students in economics and management.
- Research at LEM is multi-disciplinary in economics and management and is centered on societal issues.
- LEM is a young, internationally oriented and dynamic laboratory with a strong scientific ambition.
ABOUT IÉSEG SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
- IÉSEG is one of the leading French business schools in terms of research. The IÉSEG Research Center is accredited by the French CNRS (National Center for Scientific Research). The school actively promotes research, provides resources for active scholars and offers financial bonuses for high quality international peer-reviewed research publications. As a result, faculty members are highly successful in publishing their research in top-tier refereed international journals.
- IÉSEG holds the “triple crown” of international accreditations (AACSB, AMBA & EQUIS) and is a member of the “Conférence des Grandes Écoles”.
- The IÉSEG Research Center is accredited by the French National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS).
- IÉSEG offers a dynamic and international work environment with over 40 different nationalities represented. School’s premises have an excellent classroom infrastructure as well as an energizing research environment. The school offers a competitive salary, a relocation allowance and housing search assistance, French social security benefits, complementary health insurance, a profit-sharing plan, and a contributory pension scheme.
More information about IÉSEG School of Management is available online at: http://www.ieseg.fr/en/
ABOUT THE MARKETING AND SALES DEPARTMENT
The department consists of more than 20 permanent faculty who teach and perform research in the areas of consumer behavior, marketing analytics, and digital marketing. Our diverse body of permanent professors teaches a variety of courses related to Marketing Management and publish articles in both national and internationally recognized peer-reviewed journals.