Ph.D. position in Climate Finance
Lille Economics and Management (LEM UMR CNRS 9221) and IÉSEG School of Management invite applications for a fully funded Ph.D. position in Climate Finance at its Lille/Paris Campus.
The main objective of the PhD program/research project is to analyze multi-faceted dimensions of the challenges posed by climate change and its relation to corporate finance, including its relationship to firm’s corporate governance. The research project we investigate how climate policies are implemented by companies and governance bodies, and how companies respond to it. Moreover, we will analyze the relationship between firm’s governance and its environmental, social, and governance (ESG) ratings.
The selected candidate will be working under the supervision of Prof. Oskar KOWALEWSKI and be co-supervised by Dr. Tinghua DUAN. The selected Ph.D. candidate will be part of the IÉSEG finance department (click here for more information).
ABOUT IÉSEG SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
• IÉSEG is ACCCSB, EQUIS and AMBA accredited and is a member of the “Conférence des Grandes Écoles”.
• IÉSEG is member of a CNRS (French National Center for Scientific Research) research lab: LEM.
• IÉSEG’s faculty is very diverse with 45 different nationalities represented.
ABOUT LILLE ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT (LEM)
• LEM is a research unit, that comprises the CNRS, associating the University of Lille and IÉSEG School of Management
• LEM comprises about 200 researchers and 100 doctoral students in economics and management.
• LEM is a young, internationally oriented and dynamic laboratory with a strong scientific ambition.
We are looking for high-potential PhD students who are passionate about the research topic and meet the following criteria’s
• Have a MSc. (or be close to completion) in a finance,
• Strong analytical skills and commitment to research excellence.
• Familiarity with econometrics and STATA.
• Excellent command of written English.
• Applicants should be committed to research excellence and to deliver high-quality research.
• Ability to work effectively in team, travel and work under high-pressure
The selected applicant is expected to begin his/her assignment in September 2023 or January 2024. Gross salary will be competitive with other European research and academic institutions. The Ph.D. student will be based in Lille or Paris (on the site of IÉSEG School of Management). The selected candidate will have to enroll in a Ph.D. program at the University of Lillle. The Ph.D. student will get all the means and support to engage in innovative, business-relevant research projects with high potential to get published in international peer reviewed journals.
Interested applicants must submit their application through this recruitment platform, here. For any further question, please contact us by email to email@example.com.
We will begin considering candidates immediately. The deadline to apply is May 31st, 2023. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their application file as soon as possible.
- Postes Académiques / Academic positions
- Teaching & Research Assistant (doctoral position)
- Campus Lille
We look forward to working with you at IÉSEG!
Working at IÉSEG means involving in a rich and personally fulfilling environment for work, based in our core values and strengthened by the international perspectives.
Ph.D. position in Climate Finance
Loading application form