In response to its continuous growth, IÉSEG School of Management is looking for a part-time or a full-time Professor of Practice in Business intelligence, and Data Analytics and Visualization, at the Assistant, Senior or Principal Professor level (Lille Campus, starting January 2024). He/She/They will be a part of the Department of “Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Information Systems”.
ABOUT IÉSEG SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
· IÉSEG holds the “triple crown” of international accreditations (AACSB, AMBA & EQUIS) and is a member of the “Conférence des Grandes Écoles”. The School offers Bachelor, Master and Post-Graduate Degrees as well as Executive Education programs.
· IÉSEG is one of the leading French business schools in terms of research. The IÉSEG Research Center is accredited by the French CNRS (National Center for Scientific Research). The school actively promotes research, provides resources for active scholars and offers financial bonuses for high quality international peer-reviewed research publications.
· IÉSEG offers a dynamic and international work environment with over 40 different nationalities represented. Crucial to the school are its core values: Accomplishment, Responsibility, Integrity, Solidarity and Engagement. The school’s ambition is to empower changemakers for a better society. The school offers employees a competitive salary, a relocation allowance and housing search assistance, French social security benefits, complementary health insurance, meal vouchers, a profit-sharing plan, and a contributory pension scheme. Our satisfaction survey among new hires shows that 100% of the respondents were (very) satisfied with the organization of their arrival on campus.
· Our Lille Campus is in the heart of the Northern French city of Lille (within the triangle made up by London, Paris and Brussels). Our Paris Campus is located in the biggest European business district of “La Défense”. Both premises have an excellent classroom infrastructure as well as an energizing research environment.
More information about IÉSEG School of Management is available online at: http://www.ieseg.fr/en/
ABOUT THE INNOVATION, ENTREPRENEURSHIP & INFORMATION SYSTEMS DEPARTMENT
The department of “Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Information Systems” consists of more than 20 permanent academic staff who teach and perform research in the areas of Information Systems, Digital Transformation, Law, Entrepreneurship, Design Thinking, among others. An overview of our diverse group of professors can be found here: Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Information Systems Department
ABOUT THE POSITION
Teaching will be the main focus of the selected candidate by teaching courses in Business intelligence, Business-focused Data analytics, Data modeling, Data management, Data-related policies and architectures, as well as Data-related governance and security, at the undergraduate, graduate and/or postgraduate level. In addition, he/she/they will contribute to the development of the Department’s programs. The candidate will be involved in the development of programs on data analytics in particular. As such, we are looking for candidates with strong teaching skills, and who are fluent in French and English, as courses are taught in these languages. The candidate should also have strong ties to industries and companies in France, to facilitate positioning and growth of related apprenticeship programs.
For a full-time position the candidate is expected to have a PhD in business intelligence, data analytics or a related field.
Professional experience is required in Data analytics and visualization, data storytelling, business intelligence, and evidence-based decision support, as we are particularly looking for candidates who can contribute to the school’s development and its students through their professional experience.
Finally, we are looking for candidates who embody our core values of Accomplishment, Responsibility, Integrity, Solidarity, and Engagement, and fit our diverse and international culture in which over 50 nationalities are represented. IÉSEG places tremendous value on diversity and inclusion, and we therefore encourage applications from all backgrounds. Underrepresented groups in academia (notably women, minority ethnic groups, people identifying as LGBTQIA+, people with a (non-)visible disability, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds and/or economically developing countries) are particularly encouraged to apply, as we are highly committed to ensuring that IÉSEG reflects and benefits from the diversity present in society.
WORKING AT IÉSEG
At IÉSEG, we are committed to providing a supportive and engaging work environment. To new faculty members (and their partner), we offer a wide range of resources to help them integrate into the country, culture, and school, such as individualized French language courses (for faculty members and their partner), a relocation allowance, and housing search assistance. Moreover, all faculty members have access to a competitive salary, as well as benefits such as French social security, a complementary health insurance, meal vouchers a profit-sharing plan, and a contributory pension scheme.
When applying, please upload a single pdf file merging the following documents:
- The names, affiliations, and email addresses of three referees (recommendation letters are required at a later stage in the application process)
- A cover letter explaining your motivation to work at IESEG
- Recent teaching evaluations (if available)
- Illustration of the connection with industry if any
For any further question, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED ON A ROLLING BASIS. APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED TO CONTACT SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES AND ORGANIZE INTERVIEWS from early September onward.