In response to its continuous growth, IÉSEG School of Management is looking for a full-time professor in Management of Information Systems at the Associate or Full Professor level (Paris or Lille Campus, starting January 2024). He/She/They will be a part of the Department of “Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Information Systems”.
ABOUT IÉSEG SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
· IÉSEG holds the “triple crown” of international accreditations (AACSB, AMBA & EQUIS) and is a member of the “Conférence des Grandes Écoles”. The School offers Bachelor, Master and Post-Graduate Degrees as well as Executive Education programs.
· IÉSEG is one of the leading French business schools in terms of research. The IÉSEG Research Center is accredited by the French CNRS (National Center for Scientific Research). The school actively promotes research, provides resources for active scholars and offers financial bonuses for high quality international peer-reviewed research publications.
· IÉSEG offers a dynamic and international work environment with over 40 different nationalities represented. Crucial to the school are its core values: Accomplishment, Responsibility, Integrity, Solidarity and Engagement. The school’s ambition is to empower changemakers for a better society. The school offers employees a competitive salary, a relocation allowance and housing search assistance, French social security benefits, complementary health insurance, meal vouchers, a profit-sharing plan, and a contributory pension scheme. Our satisfaction survey among new hires shows that 100% of the respondents were (very) satisfied with the organization of their arrival on campus.
· Our Lille Campus is in the heart of the Northern French city of Lille (within the triangle made up by London, Paris and Brussels). Our Paris Campus is located in the biggest European business district of “La Défense”. Both premises have an excellent classroom infrastructure as well as an energizing research environment.
More information about IÉSEG School of Management is available online at: http://www.ieseg.fr/en/
ABOUT THE INNOVATION, ENTREPRENEURSHIP & INFORMATION SYSTEMS DEPARTMENT
The department of “Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Information Systems” consists of more than 20 permanent academic staff who teach and perform research in the areas of Information Systems, Digital Transformation, Law, Entrepreneurship, Design Thinking, among others. An overview of our diverse group of professors can be found here: Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Information Systems Department
ABOUT THE POSITION
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of excellence in research and teaching in the area of Artificial Intelligence and its implications for business and society. The selected candidate will contribute to the vibrant research community at IESEG through their research. He/she/they is therefore expected to hold a PhD in Information systems or related fields, have a publication record in high ranked peer-reviewed journals, and conduct and publish high-quality research in the field of AI, with a focus on applications to business and society.
In terms of teaching, the successful candidate will be expected to deliver high-quality teaching at the undergraduate, and/or graduate levels courses related to AI, Digital Innovation, and Business analytics. Preferred teaching experience includes expertise in Information Systems, specifically in areas such as IS in Business, Artificial Intelligence, Business Analytics, and Programming.
As such, we are looking for candidates who are fluent in English, as most courses are taught in this language. Professional experience and knowledge of French are a plus, but not a requirement.
In addition, he/she/they will contribute to the development of the Department’s programs and assume academic responsibilities. The selected candidate will also advise and mentor students at all levels and participate in departmental and university service activities
Finally, we are looking for candidates who embody our core values of Accomplishment, Responsibility, Integrity, Solidarity, and Engagement, and fit our diverse and international culture in which over 50 nationalities are represented. IÉSEG places tremendous value on diversity and inclusion, and we, therefore, encourage applications from all backgrounds. Underrepresented groups in academia (notably women, minority ethnic groups, people identifying as LGBTQIA+, people with a (non-)visible disability, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds and/or economically developing countries) are particularly encouraged to apply, as we are highly committed to ensuring that IÉSEG reflects and benefits from the diversity present in society.
WORKING AT IÉSEG
At IÉSEG, we are committed to providing a supportive and engaging work environment. To new faculty members (and their partner), we offer a wide range of resources to help them integrate into the country, culture and school, such as individualized French language courses (for faculty members and their partner), a relocation allowance, and housing search assistance. Moreover, all faculty members have access to a competitive salary, as well as benefits such as French social security, a complementary health insurance, meal vouchers, a profit-sharing plan, and a contributory pension scheme. Finally, the school actively promotes research, provides resources for active scholars (e.g., funding for conferences and data collection) and offers competitive financial bonuses for high quality international peer-reviewed research publications.
When applying, please upload a single pdf file merging the following documents:
- The names, affiliations, and email addresses of three referees (recommendation letters are required at a later stage in the application process)
- A cover letter explaining your motivation to work at IESEG
- A research and a teaching statement
- Recent teaching evaluations
For any further question, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED ON A ROLLING BASIS. APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED TO CONTACT SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES AND ORGANIZE INTERVIEWS from early September onward.