Lille Economics and Management (LEM UMR CNRS 9221) and IÉSEG School of Management in collaboration with Cinionic – a Barco company - invite applications for a fully funded Ph.D. Position in Data Science for Predictive Maintenance at its Lille Campus.
In a Cinionic- IÉSEG School of Management collaboration, the overarching aim of this research project is to innovate in the field of predictive maintenance. Cinionic is the world-leading technology company in laser projectors. Using all available data (structured and textual) from their IoT projectors, we draw on recent advances in the data science and NLP field to automatically detect projector failure.
The Ph.D. candidate will be supervised by a multi-disciplinary team: Mr. Carl Rijsbrack (CMO/Head of Innovation – Cinionic), Mrs. An Colle (Lead Data Scientist – Cinionic) and Prof. Dr. Kristof Coussement (IÉSEG School of Management).
The selected Ph.D. candidate will be part of the IÉSEG Center for Marketing Analytics research team (click here for more information).
ABOUT IÉSEG SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
- IÉSEG is ACCCSB, EQUIS and AMBA accredited and is a member of the “Conférence des Grandes Écoles”.
- IÉSEG is member of a CNRS (French National Center for Scientific Research) research lab: LEM.
- IÉSEG’s faculty is very diverse with 45 different nationalities represented.
ABOUT LILLE ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT (LEM)
- LEM is a research unit, that comprises the CNRS, associating the University of Lille and IÉSEG School of Management
- LEM comprises about 200 researchers and 100 doctoral students in economics and management.
- LEM is a young, internationally oriented and dynamic laboratory with a strong scientific ambition.
- Cinionic, a Barco company, was founded in 2018 with a commitment to creating a new visual standard and moving the cinema industry forward. Cinionic’s future-ready enhanced services and technology solutions provide compelling cinema experiences. The company’s world-class technology portfolio includes award-winning laser projectors, HDR, integrated media servers, and premium cinema experiences, among other innovations.
- With more than 100,000 projectors installed globally, Cinionic is trusted by more than 200 exhibitors to help capture audiences at multiple touchpoints in their cinema journey and keep them coming back for more.
- Cinionic has offices in Belgium, United States, Mexico, Australia, and Hong Kong.
- Have an MSc. (or be close to completion) in a relevant field, such as computer science, information systems, (business-)engineering or related with excellent grades
- Strong analytical skills and commitment to research excellence.
- Strong programming experience in Python.
- Familiarity with and interest in machine learning and analytics, including NLP.
- Interested in the field of cinemas, entertainment & predictive maintenance.
- Excellent command of written English.
- Ability to work effectively in teams.
- Willingness to travel.
The selected applicant is expected to begin his/her assignment in Fall of 2023. The exact starting date will be determined in accordance with the applicant. Gross salary will be competitive with other European research and academic institutions. The Ph.D. student will be based in Lille (on the site of IÉSEG School of Management) and Kortrijk (on the site of Cinionic). The selected candidate will have to enroll in a Ph.D. programme at the University of Lille. The Ph.D. student will get all the means and support to engage in innovative research projects with high potential to get published in international peer reviewed journals.
Interested applicants must submit their application (consisting of a CV, motivation letter and statement of academic performance) through the recruitment platform, here. For any further question, please contact us by email to k.coussement@iesegfr.
We will begin considering candidates immediately. The deadline to apply is September, 18th, 2023. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their application file as soon as possible.