In view of its continuous growth, the Accounting Department at IÉSEG School of Management invites applications for full-time permanent positions as Assistant / Associate or Full Professor in Financial Accounting and Reporting in Paris or Lille starting September 2024.
ABOUT IÉSEG SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
· IÉSEG holds the “triple crown” of international accreditations (AACSB, AMBA & EQUIS) and is a member of the “Conférence des Grandes Écoles”. The School offers Bachelor, Master and Post-Graduate Degrees as well as Executive Education programs.
· IÉSEG is one of the leading French business schools in terms of research. The IÉSEG Research Center is accredited by the French CNRS (National Center for Scientific Research). The school actively promotes research, provides resources for active scholars and offers financial bonuses for high quality international peer-reviewed research publications.
· IÉSEG offers a dynamic and international work environment with over 40 different nationalities represented. Crucial to the school are its core values: Accomplishment, Responsibility, Integrity, Solidarity and Engagement. The school’s ambition is to empower changemakers for a better society. The school offers employees a competitive salary, a relocation allowance and housing search assistance, French social security benefits, complementary health insurance, meal vouchers, a profit-sharing plan, and a contributory pension scheme. Our satisfaction survey among new hires shows that 100% of the respondents were (very) satisfied with the organization of their arrival on campus.
· Our Lille Campus is in the heart of the Northern French city of Lille (within the triangle made up by London, Paris and Brussels). Our Paris Campus is located in the biggest European business district of “La Défense”. Both premises have an excellent classroom infrastructure as well as an energizing research environment.
More information about IÉSEG School of Management is available online at: http://www.ieseg.fr/en/
ABOUT THE ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT
The department consists of 25+ academic staff members in the areas of Financial Accounting, Taxation and Management Control and faculty are represented on both campuses. Faculty members specializing in Financial Accounting have been successful in publishing their research papers in top-tier refereed international journals in areas of (amongst others): international accounting standards; accounting for intangibles; reporting quality in public and private firms; transfer pricing and income shifting; governance and financial reporting; corporate social responsibility.
The School provides ample resources to support a variety of both research interests and methods, and has comparative advantage in promoting cross-disciplinary research that is quintessential for the modern business world. The school is supportive for conducting an innovative research agenda that is relevant for both theoretical substance as well as practical business insights. In addition, the school also subscribes to several public data providers such as WRDS, Thomson Reuters Eikon, DataStream and Bloomberg among others. IESEG has built an excellent network with overseas institutions for collaborative work and exchanges. We offer a competitive salary, supportive research support, and housing assistance for international applicants. IESEG recognizes that a diverse faculty enriches the educational experience of the entire School and its stakeholder community.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Teaching will be the main focus of the selected candidate by teaching courses in financial accounting, financial reporting, financial analysis and auditing at the undergraduate, graduate and/or postgraduate level. In addition, he/she/they will contribute to the development of the Department’s programs. As such, we are looking for candidates with strong teaching skills, and who are fluent in English, as most courses are taught in this language. Professional experience and knowledge of French are a plus, but not a requirement.
With regards to research, the selected candidate will contribute to the vibrant research community at IESEG and target a publication strategy that is in balance with teaching missions. In contrast to a research oriented position, this teaching oriented track offers more time for pedagogical aspects. He/she/they is expected to hold a PhD, have a publication record (or potential for Assistant Professors) in peer-reviewed journals.
Finally, we are looking for candidates who embody our core values of Accomplishment, Responsibility, Integrity, Solidarity, and Engagement, and fit our diverse and international culture in which over 50 nationalities are represented. IÉSEG places tremendous value on diversity and inclusion, and we therefore encourage applications from all backgrounds. Underrepresented groups in academia (notably women, minority ethnic groups, people identifying as LGBTQIA+, people with a (non-)visible disability, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds and/or economically developing countries) are particularly encouraged to apply, as we are highly committed to ensuring that IÉSEG reflects and benefits from the diversity present in society.
WORKING AT IÉSEG
At IÉSEG, we are committed to providing a supportive and engaging work environment. To new faculty members (and their partner), we offer a wide range of resources to help them integrate into the country, culture and school, such as individualized French language courses, a relocation allowance, and housing search assistance. Moreover, all faculty members have access to a competitive salary, as well as benefits such as French social security, a complementary health insurance, meal vouchers, a profit-sharing plan, and a contributory pension scheme. Finally, the school actively promotes research, provides resources for active scholars (e.g., funding for conferences and data collection) and offers competitive financial bonuses for high quality international peer-reviewed research publications.
When applying, please upload a single pdf file merging the following documents:
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
- The names, affiliations, and email addresses of three referees (recommendation letters are required at a later stage in the application process)
- A cover letter explaining your motivation to work at IESEG
- Research and a teaching statement
- One working paper
- Recent teaching evaluations (if available)
For any further question, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, note that applications received by e-mail will not be reviewed.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS DECEMBER 7, 2023. AFTER THIS DEADLINE, APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED TO CONTACT SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES AND ORGANIZE INTERVIEWS IN JANUARY-MARCH 2023