In view of its continuous growth, the Accounting Department at IÉSEG School of Management invites applications for part-time permanent positions as Assistant, Senior or Principal Professor of Practice in Accounting in Lille starting September 2024.
ABOUT IÉSEG SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
· IÉSEG holds the “triple crown” of international accreditations (AACSB, AMBA & EQUIS) and is a member of the “Conférence des Grandes Écoles”. The School offers Bachelor, Master and Post-Graduate Degrees as well as Executive Education programs.
· IÉSEG is one of the leading French business schools in terms of research. The IÉSEG Research Center is accredited by the French CNRS (National Center for Scientific Research). The school actively promotes research, provides resources for active scholars and offers financial bonuses for high quality international peer-reviewed research publications.
· IÉSEG offers a dynamic and international work environment with over 40 different nationalities represented. Crucial to the school are its core values: Accomplishment, Responsibility, Integrity, Solidarity and Engagement. The school’s ambition is to empower changemakers for a better society. The school offers employees a competitive salary, a relocation allowance and housing search assistance, French social security benefits, complementary health insurance, meal vouchers, a profit-sharing plan, and a contributory pension scheme. Our satisfaction survey among new hires shows that 100% of the respondents were (very) satisfied with the organization of their arrival on campus.
· Our Lille Campus is in the heart of the Northern French city of Lille (within the triangle made up by London, Paris and Brussels). Our Paris Campus is located in the biggest European business district of “La Défense”. Both premises have an excellent classroom infrastructure as well as an energizing research environment.
More information about IÉSEG School of Management is available online at: http://www.ieseg.fr/en/
ABOUT THE ACCOUTNING DEPARTMENT
The department consists of 25+ academic and professionally qualified staff members in the areas of Financial Accounting, Taxation and Management Control and faculty are represented on both campuses. Faculty members are involved in several programs, including the Apprenticeship in Accounting and Corporate Finance, the MSc in International Accounting, Auditing and Control and the Executive Master in Financial Management. An overview of our diverse group of professors can be found here: Accounting Department.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for candidates with professional and teaching experiences that are related to Sustainability Reporting; financial reporting and/or management accounting. In line with the School’s focus on sustainability, prior teaching or related experience with sustainability reporting and leadership are prioritized.
Having a PhD in the field is a plus but certainly not a requirement. Good networks in both academia and professional circles at regional and international levels will be a plus.
Our selected applicant will be expected to teach courses at the undergraduate, graduate and/or postgraduate level and to contribute to the design and development of the School’s programs. The post ideally is combined with designated service missions on Major (Msc) or Apprenticeship program coordination. Applicants should embody the values of the school and be team players.
Professional experience is required in one or more of the following areas: accounting and reporting, auditing, financial planning & analysis, or management control, as we are particularly looking for candidates who can contribute to the school’s development and its students through their professional experience.
Finally, we are looking for candidates who embody our core values of Accomplishment, Responsibility, Integrity, Solidarity, and Engagement, and fit our diverse and international culture in which over 50 nationalities are represented. IÉSEG places tremendous value on diversity and inclusion, and we therefore encourage applications from all backgrounds. Underrepresented groups in academia (notably women, minority ethnic groups, people identifying as LGBTQIA+, people with a (non-)visible disability, and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds and/or economically developing countries) are particularly encouraged to apply.
WORKING AT IÉSEG
At IÉSEG, we are committed to providing a supportive and engaging work environment. To new faculty members (and their partner), we offer a wide range of resources to help them integrate into the country, culture and school, such as individualized French language courses (for faculty members and their partner), a relocation allowance, and housing search assistance. Moreover, all faculty members have access to a competitive salary, as well as benefits such as French social security, a complementary health insurance, meal vouchers a profit-sharing plan, and a contributory pension scheme.
Apply by sending your CV to email@example.com
When applying, please upload a single pdf file merging the following documents:
- A cover letter explaining your motivation to work at IESEG
- The names, affiliations, and email addresses of 2 referees
- A teaching statement (explaining your pedagogical core values)
- Recent teaching evaluations (if available)
For any further question, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, note that applications sent to this e-mail address will not be reviewed.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED UPON RECEPTION. THE PROCESS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.